The Castro CBD, through its Castro Cares program has launched a new public safety initiative dedicated to the enhancement of public safety for all who frequent the district. This new initiative brings public safety foot patrols to the entire district 7 days a week. Foot patrols be a uniformed presence in the district acting to deter crime, will primarily address quality of life issues, and will be an extra set of eyes and ears on the district. They will also provide assurance to visitors, residents and merchants that there is a visible public safety component in the district in close communication with the San Francisco Police Department, the Healthy Streets Operations Center and our other city partners.
Example of services provided:
- Check-in with merchants
- Well-being checks with the most vulnerable on our street
- Enforcement of MPC No-Trespassing
- Assistance and referral to services to those in need
- Collaboration with city departments to resolve street-level issues and concerns
- Hospitality services to visitors
- Respond to calls for service
- Collaboration with Castro CBD Clean Team
To access the public safety foot patrols CALL 415-471-7536.
The hours of operation are:
- Friday and Saturday nights 9:00 p.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday and Monday days 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday – Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.